Effective from Wednesday, 6 January 2021 visiting hours are now between:
1:30PM – 3:30PM.
Please be advised that:
- Face masks must be worn;
- Social Distancing and Room Occupancy Restrictions apply;
- All visitors must complete self-attestations; and
- There is a maximum of two visitors per patient for up to one hour per day, within the new visiting hours.
We ask that visitors:
- Limit the number of personal items brought into the hospital.
- Remain in the patient’s room at all times and limit movement around the building. (Quick trips to the bathroom or to purchase food can be made.)
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands often with soap and water and using alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Exit the hospital when the visit is over. Do not spend time in public areas including lobbies, waiting rooms, cafeterias and near vending machines.
- Discard your single-use face mask upon leaving.
YOU MUST NOT VISIT IF YOU ARE UNWELL. PHYSICAL DISTANCING RULES APPLY.
Please consider the following before visiting:
- Have you travelled overseas in the past 14 days?
- Have you come in contact with someone with Coronavirus?
- Do you have a fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath or flu-like symptoms?
If you don’t fit the criteria now, it’s still important to monitor your condition. In the interim stay at home and rest. Many people who contract Coronavirus will have only mild symptoms but if your symptoms become more severe:
- Call the dedicated Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 for advice.
- If asked to seek medical advice contact your GP or call ahead to the CGH Emergency Department on 5143 8160.
- If you have serious symptoms, such as difficulty breathing, call 000.
Important Updates from CGH
Your best source of accurate and up-to-date information about Coronavirus in Victoria is the Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus webpage: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.