HHI Permanent Care
The facility offers care with ageing in place to meet the needs of the residents of Heyfield District and beyond.
Laurina Lodge offers quality, individualised care to our residents. Staff are proud of our friendly, pleasant environment and the manner in which our residents are respected and supported.
Individualised personal care is planned and delivered through continued consultation and review of personal care needs and choices. Family consultation occurs regularly as indicated or requested.
Resident health and comfort is enhanced through the provision of more specialised care as indicated. This includes care such as physiotherapy, speech therapy, palliative care, dementia care, occupational therapy, wound management and more.
Residents can choose their doctor of choice in Heyfield. This needs to be confirmed prior to admission. Local Medical support ensures 24 hour, 7 day per week access to a GP for emergency and also periodic review as indicated. All resident medication must be presented in Webster packs (Unit Dose 7).
Resident lifestyle is supported through our Diversional Therapist and volunteer team who offer various activities, events and personal programs to support individual and groups of residents.
All permanent rooms include the following –
- Comfortable bed, lockable bedside drawers
- 24 hour call bell in main room and ensuite, and emergency bell
- All food/drinks provided (meals in room or communal dining area as per resident choice)
- Meal choice includes at least three options
- Inclusion in Lifestyle and Leisure Program
- Emergency Medical care (choice of local GP clinic to be arranged prior to admission)
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Peaceful outside secure garden areas, barbeque and gazebo
- Raised vegetable and flower beds
- Church and other services e.g. RSL
- Allied Health services