Graduate Nurse Program
At Central Gippsland Health (CGH) we strive to provide exceptional person centred care and to create a culture that is truly people focused and capable of delivering great results for our community.
At CGH our Graduate Nurse Program aims to:
- Provide our graduates with a warm and safe place to grow and consolidate their knowledge and skills.
- Support our graduates so that they enjoy coming to work and are enriched by their new learning experiences.
- Provide our graduates with emotional and social supports to assist in the transition from learner to health care practitioner.
- Develop confident, talented, reflective individuals who can work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Support our graduates to grow and explore leadership skills that support our values and enable us to lead with care.
- Foster an environment of lifelong learning and professional growth that enables graduates to follow their passion through individualised career pipelines.
In 2021, CGH will be offering up to 15 positions in our Graduate Nursing Program (General stream):
This program consists of 3 x 4-month clinical rotations with possible rotational opportunities in:
- Medical and Surgical
- Emergency Department
- Critical Care Unit
- Operating Suites & DPU
- District Nursing
- Residential Aged Care
- Maffra District Hospital
- Heyfield Hospital Incorporated
When deciding where you would like to complete your graduate year it is really important to ensure that you find a program that is the right fit for you.
At CGH, we work hard to provide our graduates with a program that supports and challenges you to become the best nurses that you can be. Our smaller cohort size enables our graduates to establish close supportive bonds that you will take with you throughout the course of your graduate year but also last though out your career.
Our general stream program will be offering participants:
- A choice of 0.8 EFT or 1.0 EFT (8 or 10 shifts per fortnight)
- A GNMP Coordinator designated to the wellbeing and success of Graduates at Central Gippsland Health
- A 12 Month supported program (February – February)
- Paid annual leave
- Paid study days (throughout the course of the year)
- 2 x Paid days of extensive organisational orientation
- Free uniforms
- Paid supernumerary days in each rotation
- Clinical support with a team of highly experienced educators and preceptors
- An online learning program on Moodle specifically set up for the GNMP
- A certificate and badge upon completion of the program
- Free car parking
- Salary packaging
- Free Wi-Fi and MIMS app
- 24/7 swipe card access to the CGH library with expert help being offered by Librarian
- The opportunity to join an active social club
- Access to the CGH staff wellness programs