Vision, Mission & Values
Vision: A safe and healthy community where everyone feels they are valued, supported and have the opportunity to participate.
Mission: Our Mission is to provide health and community services that will best meet the needs of our community. In doing so we will focus on:
- Supporting community identified need and genuine community participation
- Placing our clients/patients at the centre of our work
- Supporting individuals, groups and communities to maintain and improve their health and well-being and minimise the negative impact of chronic disease and injury
- Integrating and coordinating our services within an interdisciplinary service delivery model
- Allocating and using our resources effectively and efficiently
- Achieving through collaboration and partnerships
- Being creative, innovative and open to discovery
Core Values: In achieving our goals and objectives we will develop an organisational culture that supports:
- Social Justice – Equity of Outcome
To do this we will: focus on achieving equality of outcome for individuals and groups; understand the impact of poverty and disadvantage on behaviour and health status; support affirmative action for the disadvantaged and marginalised amongst us; ensure our fees policy takes into account a client’s ability to pay; support harm minimisation and targeted community support programs and be compassionate, tolerant and embrace diversity.
- Honesty, transparency and integrity
To do this we will: set and model standards of behaviour consistent with the Victorian public sector code of conduct; embrace open disclosure and provide meaningful and clear information to our stakeholders and support ethical leadership development at all levels of the organisation.
- Quality – Excellence with the client at the centre
To do this we will: embed a quality culture of continuous improvement across the organisation such that our client’s experience with CGHS is characterised by the following:
seamless coordinated, integrated and timely provision of person centred care; facilities and equipment that enable the provision of efficient, effective and sustainable service delivery and a workforce that places a very high value on excellent customer service and client/patient advocacy.
- Caring – Support, compassion and tolerance
To do this we will be: welcoming, caring, supportive, share knowledge freely and support learning in every setting; relate to our community with tolerance and compassion; assist our community to understand their rights and responsibilities and have access to genuine complaints resolution processes; support our community to identify the need for and make decisions relating to the development, delivery and evaluation of services; work within an intersectoral and collaborative framework to maximise benefits for our community; and appreciate the positive impact on organisational and community capacity that comes from diversity.
- People – Respect and support
In doing so we will: strive to provide an environment that assists our staff to achieve their personal goals and objectives, live ethically within their personal value system, and enthusiastically support CGHS to achieve our strategic and service delivery goals and objectives; develop a workplace where people are enabled to be efficient and effective, put forward ideas and participate in decision making, be creative and innovative, and develop their learning and career in a manner consistent with their strengths and interests; and foster very high levels of staff capability and satisfaction.