Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program
The Central Gippsland Health (CGH) Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program is designed for newly registered Enrolled Nurses. As you transition from student to Enrolled Nurse, our dynamic and well-structured graduate program will give you the opportunity to build on your existing knowledge and skills, in a friendly and well-supported environment.
At CGH, we work hard to provide our graduates with a program that supports and challenges you to become the best nurses you can be. Our smaller cohort size enables our graduates to establish close supportive bonds, that will last throughout your nursing career.
The CGH Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program will be offering up to 8 positions per year
At CGH our Graduate Nurse Program aims to:
- Provide graduates with a safe and supportive environment to grow and consolidate their knowledge and skills.
- Provide graduates with emotional and social supports to assist in the transition from learner to health care practitioner.
- Develop confident, talented, reflective individuals who can work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Support our graduates to grow and explore leadership skills that support our values and enable us to lead with care.
- Foster an environment of lifelong learning and professional growth that enables graduates to follow their passion through individualised career pipelines
This program consists of 3 x 4-month clinical rotations, with each rotation offering unique opportunities and experiences.
3 x 4-month rotations in the following areas:
1- Stretton Park / Heyfield Hospital
2- Wilson Lodge / Maffra Hospital
3- Acute Wards (Surgical & Medical)
The program offers:
- A choice of 0.8 EFT or 1.0 EFT (8 or 10 shifts per fortnight)
- A Graduate Nurse Coordinator designated to the wellbeing and success of Graduates at Central Gippsland Health
- A 12 Month supported program (2 intakes: February and October)
- Paid annual leave
- Paid study days (throughout the course of the year)
- 2 x Paid days of extensive organisational orientation
- Uniform included
- Paid supernumerary days in each rotation
- Clinical support with a team of highly experienced educators and preceptors
- An online learning platform to complete mandatory training
- A certificate and badge upon completion of the program
- Free car parking
- Salary packaging
- Free Wi-Fi and MIMS app
- 24/7 swipe card access to the CGH library with expert help being offered by Librarian
- The opportunity to join an active social club
- Access to the CGH staff wellness programs
We’d like the following:
- An application letter describing why you wish to take part in the Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program.
- A Curriculum Vitae including contact details (phone number and email) of at least two (2) clinical referees
- Certified copy of your clinical skills development record (or similar)
- Response to the key selection criteria as per the position description